Monday, February 16, 2009

Social Bookmarking Comparison

Of all the social bookmarking sites I've used or looked at, Delicious seems to offer the most to my readers. There are many tags related to natural history, museums, wunderkammern, curiosity cabinets, etc. A brief rundown of some of the other sites, and why Delicious is my top choice:
Digg: too random, not relevant enough to my subject matter
Diigo: not enough users yet to offer much on my topics, although I do find Diigo very useful, and the ability to comment upon and highlight articles I read and share my comments with others is a great feature
citeUlike: too academic/technical.
One of the things I like about using Delicious is that it allows me to find great information, websites, articles, and blogs which I wasn't able to find just using a search engine. Delicious creates a network of people sharing all the useful or interesting things they have found on the internet, and it is simple and easy to search through all of it by specifying your subject of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment